Boquete Health & Hospice
Boquete Health and Hospice provides assistance, free of charge, when you have a temporary disability or illness. We re-assess your needs two weeks after the initial assessment to see what support you may still need.
Trained volunteers are the core of this service and provide help with:
- Medical referrals and treatment coordination
- Grocery shopping, meal preparation,etc.
- Providing medical equipment, such as a hospital beds, walkers, wheelchairs, etc.
- Advising on obtaining in-home professional medical services
- Dealing with the emotional difficulties associated with being ill
- Coordinating and scheduling volunteer visits and respite care for family caregivers
- Spending time with the patient, actively listening and attending to the patient
- Transportation to medical appointments
Admission into health support takes into account the following criteria:
- The existing level of support available for the patient
- The extent and type of illness
- Whether the request is an appropriate use of our resources.